Our customer is an initiative by an Austrian private university and a subsidiary of an US based investment firm. The univercity is a novel research institute created to provide a place for the best scientists in their field. It is building its campus at the outskirts of Vienna, Austria. Currently 45 research groups are pursuing research in computer science, biology, neuroscience and physics. The US partner is one of the world’s leading investment management partnerships. Founded in 1998, it manages assets for a diversified client base that includes some of the world’s largest and most sophisticated investors.
Our client is an incubator and seed fund for research based advanced technology ideas. As first loss-piece we have committed capital of 5 Mio. €, second piece of about 20-30 Mio. € expected to start 12-15 month ahead. Most important of all, the university’s pioneering spirit is shared: striving for excellence, taking a global perspective and exploring new paths.
Your tasks...You can help with all aspects of an investment from sourcing to exits. You ideally hit the ground running and are willing to take on a lot of responsibility from day one. You will be working fairly independently and share your desire to build a world-class technology investment firm. You report directly into the managing board of the fund. Initially your focus on investments will likely be in software /IT-related topics, eventually expanding to biotech and material science. Your strong input will be needed to build a suitable team to fulfill increasing demand along the build of the company. You act in your role as investor, you support your start-ups and understand yourself as coach and enabler. You like an environment for extremely fast decisions and appreciate the serious background of an international institute and - on top - of a regulatory authorized finance structure.
This is how you convince us…
- Master’s Degree in software engineering or similar fields (e.g. AI, machine learning, cryptography, 3D-modelling, …)
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in big cooperate firm, preferably in cooperate development or innovations strategy teams
- You have a strong interest in technology and are driven to thrive new technologies
- You attract and address potential targets with professional sourcing strategies
- You bring a valid knowledge of investment related legal procedures
- Your capability to evaluate and challenge business models
- Your intrinsic drive to push things, your ability and willingness to take on responsibility and high level of self-motivation
- Little travelling expected, however lots of “of the workhour” lobbying needed
- Languages: English, German gives extra credit
Your prospects ...Despite of a market driven package, our client offers an optional bonus component based on a positive track record of investments closed. Based on excellent performance, there is the midterm option to take on the position as managing director of the fund, combined becoming a shareholder. Becoming a member of pioneer organization, embedded into a well-structured and mature science and innovation environment, offers a lot of positive options to grow and build your personal profile.
Your next step...In case you are sure to fulfill mentioned requirements and skills, in case you are not just searching for a job, but for a challenge and an unique opportunity with great future prospect, … then please send your complete application papers, together with a list of completed investment related experiences.